2 EASY Coconut Oil Body Scrubs
With all that we’re hearing, reading and experiencing these days about Coconut oil, I wouldn’t be surprised if it will be named the #1 super food for 2015. At any rate, that’s our vote.
But more than a miracle nut super food, it’s as beneficial to the outside of the body as it is to the inside. And, while sugar is not good for our insides… it can be a great addition to coconut oil for a quick, inexpensive and easy-to-make homemade body scrub.
Of course you can adapt these recipe in numerous ways.
Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup Sugar, (we like the granular brown sugar)
- ½ cup CocoNut oil
Blend these together in a food processor, then place in a plastic container that’s shatter-proof for the shower.
Coconut Oil Coffee Scrub
- 1 cup Coffee Grounds, used*
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
*We save the grounds from our home-filled K-cups, or you can use the grounds from your French Press or even tear open a coffee bag if you’re using a drip pot with pre-filled bags or K-cups.
Body Scrub Tips
- Use your shower scrub the night or morning before your shower gets cleaned during weekly housecleaning, that way you won’t go all week with oily residue and a slippery shower floor
- If you prefer your scrub to be more “scrubby” (stronger exfoliating ability), add more sugar, or add more coffee grounds.
- If you prefer it to be less “scrubby” (softer, gentler), add less of the coarse stuff.
- Softer scrubs are better for your face.
- Stronger scrubs are better for your body, and in particular, the rough spots, such as elbows, ankles, heels and feet.